Top 10 Things to Include in Your 72 Hour Emergency Kit
September is National Preparedness Month and we are encouraging residents to take action now to prepare. Do you have a 72 hour emergency kit? If not, it’s time to start packing! Here are the top 10 things to include in your emergency kit:
- Food – non-perishable including MRE’s, granola or energy bars, and/or dried fruit (3 day supply)
- Water – 1 gallon per person per day (3 day supply)
- AM/FM Radio (battery-operated or hand crank)
- First aid kit
- Personal hygiene supplies
- Personal documents including medication lists, proof of address, birth certificates, passports, and insurance policies.
- Cell phone with charger (bonus to have crank or solar charging capabilities)
- Multipurpose tool
To learn more, visit FEMA’s website at http://www.ready.gov/build-a-kit.