Mission, Vision, and Values
The Town of Gilbert is marking an important milestone with the development of a new Mission, Vision and Values for all town employees. Six values will guide town personnel to achieve their ongoing Mission and Vision. All Town of Gilbert leaders and staff members will apply these values to their daily work and use them to achieve long-term goals.
Every town employee had an opportunity to give their input during the selection process through a series of focus groups, so these values truly are an agreed-upon way to do business and improve the lives of constituents. New posters and wallet-sized cards will serve as reminders that they are part of more than a town. They are part of a team. Every member of the team works together for one goal.
“To me, that is the fundamental piece to any organization,” said Town Manager Patrick Banger.
Launching the Mission, Vision and Values will also help provide the community with a clear picture of the road ahead and the intentions behind every decision. From customer interaction to the treatment of co-workers, the following Mission, Vision and Values will be integrated into the town’s culture:
We are a service organization committed to enhancing the quality of life and serving with integrity, trust and respect.
Gilbert will be best in class in all lines of service.
As Team Gilbert we Value:
- Integrity by being ethical, professional, and trustworthy.
- Respect by being fair, courteous, and valuing others.
- Accountability by being responsible for our actions and following through on our commitments.
- Innovation by continuously improving services through progressive and creative outcomes.
- Learning by developing our knowledge and skills.
- Communication through transparency, collaboration, and accessible information.